Built in 1959, by the Equitable Equipment Company Incorporated of Madisonville, Louisiana (hull #1161) as the Twin for the Bronx Towing Line Incorporated of New York, New York.
In 1983, the tug was acquired by the Hudson River Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the H.R. 8.
In 1987, she was acquired by Gateway Towing Company Incorporated of New Haven, Connecticut. Where the tug was renamed as the Connecticut.
In 2019, the tug was phased out of active service. And was "laid up" at New Haven, Connecticut.
In 2019, the tug was acquired by Tucker Roy Marine Towing and Salvage Incorporated of Mattapoisett, Massachusetts. Where she was renamed as the Camdyn.
She is a twin screw tug, rated at 1,300 horsepower.