Built in 1919, by the New York Yacht, Launch and Engine Company of Morris Heights, New York (hull #YT-81) as the YT-81 for the United States Navy.
In 1920, she was decommissioned by the United States Navy. Where she was redesignated as the No. 81.
In 1920, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Mary Anne.
In 1920, the tug was acquired by the Meseck Towing and Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the James A. McKenna.
In 1954, Meseck Towing and Transportation was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1957, the tug was acquired by S.C. Loveland Enterprises of Pennsville, New Jersey. Where the tug Where the tug was renamed as the Crane Loveland.
Originally powered by a single, cylinder noncondensing engine. The the tug was covered to diesel power, prior to her acquisition by the Moran Towing Company. The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated 900 horsepower.