Built in 1937, by Ira S. Bushey and Sons of Brooklyn, New York (hull #461) as the Carmelite for Ira S. Bushey and Sons of Brooklyn, New York.
On August 16th, 1940 the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was converted for Naval service at the New York Navy Yard. On September 9th, 1940 she was designated as the YN-33 (Hopocan) And, allocated to the 15th Naval District at Cristobal, Panama Canal Zone.
On April 8th, 1942 the tug was redesignated as (Yard Net Tender Tug) YNT-1 (Hopocan). On July 17th, 1942 she was reassigned to the 10th Naval District at Aruba-Curacao,
Then in 1944, the tug was reassigned to Naval Base at Trinidad.
On August 4th, 1945 she was redesignated (Yard Harbor Tug, Medium) YTM-728 (Hopocan. Where she was reassigned Naval Base at Roosevelt Roads, Puerto Rico. On August 15, 1945 the tug was struck from the Naval Register. In May of 1947 she was transferred to the Maritime Commission for disposal.
In 1947, the tug was acquired by the Red Star Towing Company of Brooklyn, New York. Where she was renamed Rosyln.
She was later acquired by the Sheridan Transportation Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of Ira S. Bushey and Sons of Brooklyn, New York. Where she was renamed as the H.J. Sheridan.
In 1993, the tug was acquired by Pieter Kuypers of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Capt. Cory
In 1994, she was acquired by International Ship Repair of Tampa, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Captain C.
The tug was eventually scrapped.
Powered by a single Fairbanks-Morse diesel engine. She was a single screw tug rated at 750 horsepower.