Built in 1919, by Consolidated Shipbuilding of Morris Heights, New York (hull #2471) as the Dragoman for the United States Shipping Board.
The tug was later acquired by the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Cornell.
In 1947, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Roderick McAllister.
In 1953, the tug was dismantled. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.