Built in 1958, by the Ingalls Shipbuilding Corporation of Pascagoula, Mississippi (hull #1074) as the Mobil Service for the Mobil Oil Corporation of New York, York.
In 1991, in the wake of the Exxon Valdez incident. In an effort to remove the oil company's physical names from the vessel's names. The Mobil Oil Corporation renamed the tanker as the Manhasset.
In 1999, the Exxon Oil Company merged with the Mobil Oil Corporation to form the ExxonMobil Corporation of Irving, Texas. The SeaRiver Maritime Company continued to operate as a subsidy of the ExxonMobil Corporation. Where the tanker was renamed as the S/R Manhasset.
In 2005, the tanker was acquired by the Marine Oil Service of New York of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Manhasset.
In 2016, she was acquired by the Lehigh Maritime Corporation of Valhalla, New York. Where she was converted for use as a marine construction vessel. And, was renamed as the Louis C.
Powered by a single, seven cylinder, Fairbanks-Morse OP diesel engine, with a 5 1/4 bore. She is a single screw vessel, rated at 560 horsepower. Prior to her conversion, she had a capacity of 1,088 barrels of product.