Built in 1960 by Dravo Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (hull #4053) for New York Trap Rock Corporation, the parent company of the Cornell Steamboat Company at the time.
She was one of the first towboats in the northeast and was built to handle the company’s stone scows, since she could push more barges than a conventional tug would be able to tow.
In 1964 the New York Trap Rock Corporation/Cornell Steamboat Corporation sold off their assets and the tug was acquired by the Red Star Towing Company of Brooklyn, New York.
In 1986 she was reefed off of Sea Girt, New Jersey.
She was a twin screw tug rated at 1800 HP.
( Paul Strubeck )