Built in 1929 by Bethlehem Steel at San Francisco, California as the Eleu (hull #5339) for the Inter-Island Steam Navigation Company of Honolulu, Hawaii.
In 1950, the Inter-Island Steam Navigation Company broke up, and the tug was acquired by Young Brothers Limited of Honolulu, Hawaii. Where she retained her name.
In 1951, Young Brothers Limited was merged with the maritime operations of the Dillingham family's Oahu Railway and Land Company (OR&L), retaining the Young Brothers name.
In 1961, the OR&L and the Hawaiian Dredging Company were consolidated as the Dillingham Corporation, with Young Brothers Limited operated as a common cargo carrier and the Hawaiian Tug and Barge Company established to handle tugboat operations. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1977, the company's corporate name was changed to the Dillingham Tug and Barge Corporation of Honolulu, Hawaii.
In 1979, she was acquired by the River Parishes Company Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the St. James.
The tug is no longer documented. Her current and/or final fate is unknown.