Built in 1949, by Levingston Shipbuilding of Orange, Texas (hull #445) as the Moira Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
The tug was the fifth of series of five Grace Moran class tugs. Designed by Naval Architect Joe Hack. And, built by the Levingston Shipbuilding Company of Orange, Texas. For the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. The series of tugs, were often referred to as "Moran's Cadillacs."
In 1971, the tug was transferred to the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. An affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Cedar Point.
In 1988, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was absorbed into the Moran Towing Corporation. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2002, the tug went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. Powered by a single, Cleveland 16-278A diesel electric engine. She was a single screw tug rated at 1,757 horsepower.
(Don Waldeck, Dave Boone)