Built in 1950, by L.S. Baier and Associates of Portland, Oregon as the Frederick for the Knappton Towboat Company of Astoria, Oregon.
The tug was later acquired by the Dunlap Towing Company of Everett, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Whidbey.
In 2012, the tug was phased out of active service, and was "laid up" at Hylebos Marina in Tacoma, Washington.
She is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 200 horsepower.