Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
JOHN A

Built in 1950 by L.S. Baier and Associates of Portland, Oregon as the John A for the Knappton Towboat Company of Astoria, Oregon.

Eventually the tug was acquired by Franklin D. Demmert, Jr of Klawock, Alaska. Where she was renamed as the Tim Boy.

She is no longer documented. Her current and/or final fate is unknown.


  • Vessel Name: JOHN A
  • USCG Doc. No.: 281086
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WCT7195
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: L S BAIER & ASSOCIATES
  • Year Built: 1950
  • Length: 43
  • Hailing Port: KLAWOCK, AK
  • Hull Depth: 5.9
  • Hull Breadth: 12.5
  • Gross Tonnage: 19
  • Net Tonnage: 11
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    John A
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Knappton Towboat Company