Built in 1958, by Norfolk Shipbuilding and Drydock Company of Norfolk, Virginia (hull #157) as the the Reedy Point for the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1988, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was absorbed into the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1999, she sank while docking a ship in Camden, New Jersey. The tug was raised, and towed to Port Newark, New Jersey where she was scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 2,400 horsepower.