Built in 1920, by the Gibbs Gas Engine Company of Jacksonville, Florida (hull #31) as the Condor for the United States Shipping Board (penant #2693).
The tug was later acquired by the Goodwin-Gallagher Sand Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the W.A. Atkins.
In 1935, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Richard J. Moran.
In 1950, the tug was scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.