Built in 1948, by Jakobson Shipyard of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #327) as the Wilkes-Barre for the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
In 1963 the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Julia C. Moran.
She worked in the Port of Jacksonville, Florida from 1976 until the late 1990's. The tug was then acquired by Beyel Brothers Incorporated of Port Canaveral, Florida. Where it is believed the was "parted out."
Powered by a single, Cleveland 16-278A diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,750 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, Tom Craighead)