Built in 1920, by Burger Boats of Manitowic, Wisconsin (hull #33) as the Beagle for the United States Shipping Board.
In 1923, she was acquired by the Meseck Towing and Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Margaret L. Meseck.
In 1954, the Meseck Towing and Transportation Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug initially retained her name.
In 1955, the Moran Towing Company renamed the tug as the Howard Moran.
In 1960, she went out of documentation. And, the tug was scrapped. She was single screw, rated at 750 horsepower.