Built in 1944 by the Calumet Shipyard and Dry Dock Company of Chicago, Illinois as the LT-59 (hull #155) for the United States Army.
In 1947, she was acquired by Ocean Prince, Incorporated of Oakland, California, where the tug was renamed as Ocean Prince.
In 1951, the tug was acquired by the Red Star Towing Company of New York, New York, where she retained her name.
In 1955, she was acquired by the Smith Brothers Towing Company of New Orleans, Louisiana, where the tug retained her name.
In 1961, the tug was acquired by the Gulf and Caribbean Towing Company of Lafitte, Lousiana, where she retained her name.
In 1963, she was renamed as the Dauphin, and then in 1974 as the Beaumont.
The tug was later acquired by the Sause Brothers Ocean Towing Company of Coos Bay, Oregon, where she was renamed as the Roughneck.
In 2011, she was acquired by Alaska-Oregon Offshore Towing Incorporated of North Bend, Oregon, where the tug retained her name.
The tug's documentation expired in 2014. Her current and/or final disposition is currently unknown.