Built in 1943, by George Lawley and Sons of Neponset, Massachusetts (hull #1314) as the DPC-26 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
The tug was later transferred to the United States War Shipping Administration. Where the tug was redesignated as the WSA-9.
She was later acquired by the Central Wharf Towboat Company of Boston, Massachusetts. Where the tug was renamed as the Falmouth.
In 1951, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Claire A. Moran. Where the tug was converted from her original design to a "canaller" configuration. Her 02 deckhouses where removed, and her wheelhouse was placed on her main deck to allow for clearance under low bridges.
In 1967, she was acquired by the Gowanus Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Taurus.
As of 1991, her existence was in doubt. The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,500 horsepower.