Built in 1956, by Gulfport Shipbuilding of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #495) as the F. R. Hauber for Brown and Root Incorporated of Houston, Texas.
In 1971, she was acquired by the Pacific Towboat and Salvage Company of Long Beach, California. Where the tug was renamed as Palomar.
In the late 1970's, the Pacific Towboat and Salvage Company was acquired by the Dillingham Corporation of Honolulu, Hawaii. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1986, as part of a restructuring. Along with all other Dillingham maritime transportation operations, the company was transferred under the Foss Maritime Company of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1987, the Foss Maritime Company, and its subsidiaries were acquired by Saltchuk Resources Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where she retained her name.
In 1994, the tug was acquired by the Brusco Tug and Barge Company of Longview, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Angie M. Brusco.
She is a twin screw tug, rated at 1,800 horsepower.