Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
KLICKITAT

Built in 1914 at Astoria, Oregon as the John A. Shaw for the Hammond Lumber Company of Astoria, Oregon.

Later acquired by Captain Milton Smith of Rainier, Oregon, where she retained her name.

Later acquired by the Shaver Transportation Company of Portland, Oregon, where she was renamed as the Smithy and repowered with a 400 horsepower diesel.

The tug's name was later changed to Klickitat.

The tug is no longer documented. Her current and/or final disposition is unknown.


  • Vessel Name: KLICKITAT
  • USCG Doc. No.: 212808
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Year Built: 1914
  • Length: 82.7
  • Hailing Port: PORTLAND OR
  • Hull Depth: 8.1
  • Hull Breadth: 19.8
  • Gross Tonnage: 82
  • Net Tonnage: 56
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    John A. Shaw, Smithy
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Hammond Lumber Company, Milton Smith