Built in 1943, by George Lawley and Son of Neponset, Massachusetts (hull #1296) as the DPC-9 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
In 1946, the tug was sold. And, renamed as the U.S. Goheen.
In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1962, Wayland T. Coppedge Jr. of the White Stack Towing Company of Jacksonville, Florida. Where the tug was renamed as the M.M. Coppedge II.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.