Built in 1891, at Athens, New York as the R.C. Veit for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1903, the tug was acquired by the Scully Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 750 horsepower.