Built in 1932, at the Charleston Naval Shipyard of Charleston, South Carolina (hull #YT-117) as the YT-117 for the United States Navy.
In 1932, the tug was delivered to the United States Navy. And, placed into service at New York, New York.
She was later redesignated by the United States Navy, as the YMT-13.
In 1944, the tug was redesignated by the United States Navy, as the YTL-117.
In 1946, she was removed from active service. And, was struck from the Naval Register.
In 1947, the tug was transferred to the Maritime Commission for disposal, sale, or reuse.
In 1957, she was acquired by the Portsmouth Navigation Company of Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Where the tug was renamed as the Portsmouth.
In 1965, the Portsmouth Navigation Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1977, she was sold to an individual named Robert E. Dixon. Where the tug retained her name. The tug is no longer listed in documentation. She was a single screw tug, rated at 240 horsepower.