Built in 1948 by G M Nichols Boatworks at Hood River, Oregon as the Tiger for Smith Tug and Barge Company of Rainier, Oregon.
In 1977, Smith Tug and Barge was acquired by the Knappton Towboat Company of Astoria, Oregon, where the tug retained her name.
In 1988, Knappton Towboat Company was rebranded as the Brix Maritime Company of Seattle, Washington.
The tug was later acquired by Diversified Marine Incorporated of Portland, Oregon, where she retained her name. In 2010, the tug underwent a complete overhaul.
Her powerplant consists of three CAT 3406E diesels with 450:1 Twin Disc MG514 reduction gear turning three 53" x 38" stainless steel propellors. For a rated 1,650 horsepower.
Electrical service is provided by a CAT 25kW and an Isuzu 10kW generator. Capacities include 5,000 gallons of fuel, 200 gallons of water, 30 gallons of lube oil and 200 gallons of hydraulic fluid.
Towing equipment consists of four Patterson 65 ton barge winches.