Built in 1905, at Tottenville, New York as the Joseph H. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1912, the tug was acquired by the Campbell and Steuart Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the James P. Steuart.
The tug was later acquired by the Suburban Oil Company of New York, New York. Where she was rebuilt with a 190 horsepower diesel engine and renamed as the Marmor.
The tug was scrapped in 1949.
She was a single screw, steam tugboat later repowered with a single 190 horsepower diesel engine.