Built in 1920, by the Gibbs Gas Engine Company of Jacksonville, Florida (hull #30) as the Hawk (USSB 2692) for the United States Shipping Board
In 1940, the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where the tug was designated as the YT-213.
In 1945, she was returned to the United States Shipping Board. Where she was redesignated as the Hawk (USSB 2692).
In 1945, she was acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug was renamed as the Hawk.
In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1962, she went out of documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,000 horsepower.