Built in 1878, at Newburgh, New York as the George L. Garlick for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
She was the first tug constructed exclusively for the Moran Towing Company.
In 1907, the tug was acquired by the Harlem River Towing Line of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug.