Built in 1943, by George Lawley and Son of Neponset, Massachusetts (hull #1307) as the DPC-19 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
The tug transferred to the United States War Shipping Administration. Where the tug was redesignated as the WSA-2.
In 1949, the tug was acquired by the Kehoe Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where she renamed as the Clayton P. Kehoe.
In 1949, the tug was acquired by the Lakes Tankers Corporation of New York, New York. A division of the National Marine Service of St. Louis, Missouri. Where she was renamed as the Canal Cities.
In 1972, she was acquired by the Reinauer Transportation Company of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Curtis Reinauer.
In 1988, the tug was acquired by J.K. Marine Incorporated of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the K-2.
In 1999, the tug was sold, and reefed under the name of J.J. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.