Built 1863, at New Brunswick, New Jersey as the G.E. Winants for the Schuyler Towing Line of New York, New York.
In 1893, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name. However, the tug was never used. And, was "laid up" for sale.
In 1895, she was slated to be scrapped. However in 1896, the tug was abandoned. She was a single screw tug.