Built in 1930, by A.C. Brown and Sons Incorporated of Tottenville, New York as the Frederick E. Meseck for Meseck Towing and Transportation of New York, New York.
In 1954, Meseck Towing and Transportation was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1962, the Moran Towing Company renamed the tug as the Ned Moran.
In 1964, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 1,040 horsepower.