Built in 1956, by the Equitable Equipment Company Incorporated of Madisonville, Louisiana (hull #933) as the Fells Point for the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
In 1958, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. However, the Curtis Bay Towing Company operated as an affiliate of the Moran Towing Company. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1988, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was absorbed into the Moran Towing Corporation. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2005, the tug went out of documentation. And in 2008, the tug was scuttled. She was a single screw tug, rated at 2,100 horsepower.