Built in 1941, by Harry A. Marvel and Company of Newburgh, New York (hull #226) as the Carrie T. Meseck for Meseck Towing and Transportation of New York, New York.
On May 29th, 1941 the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where the tug was designated as the YT-173 (Manistee). The tug was converted for Naval service at Brooklyn Navy Yard in Brooklyn, New York. She was placed in service on August 8th, 1941. And, allocated to the 3rd Naval District at New York City.
On May 15th, 1944 she was redesigned as the YTB-173 (Manistee) The tug was placed out of service on August 30th 1946. And struck from the Naval Register on the December 13th, 1946. And on February 26th, 1947 she was transferred to the Maritime Commission for disposal.
In 1947, the tug was acquired by Meseck Towing and Transportation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Carrie T. Meseck.
In 1954, Meseck Towing and Transportation was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug initially retained her name.
In 1955, the Moran Towing Company renamed the tug as the Susan A. Moran.
In 1958, she was transferred to the Moran Towing affiliate, the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the Wagners Point.
In 1988, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was absorbed into the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1990, the tug was acquired by the John E. Moore Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug retained her name. With the intentions of preparing the vessel to become part of an artificial reef. In 1992, the tug was sunk as an artificial reef. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,400 horsepower.
(NavSource Online, Dave Boone)