Built in 1951, by Alexander Shipyards Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana as the Ellen S. Bouchard for the Bouchard Transportation Company of Mellville, New York.
She was later acquired by Cargill Incorporated of Minnetonka, Minnesota. Where the tug was rename as the Carville.
The tug was later acquired by the Alllied Transportation Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1993, the tug was scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.