Built in 1925, by the Bethlehem Steel Company Incorporated of Wilmington, Delaware (hull #3497) as the Stroudsburg for the Delaware Lackawanna and Western Railroad of Lackawanna, New Jersey.
The tug was later sold, where she was renamed as the Breton, then as the Seminole, and then as the Brigitte Harper.
She was later acquired by the Hays Tug and Launch Company of Wallingford, Pennsylvania. Where the tug was renamed as the Big Mama.
In 1964, the tug was acquired by the Indian Towing Company of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Breton.
In 1962, the tug was repowered with a Fairbank-Morse 38D diesel engine. For a rated 1,800 horsepower.
In 1995, the tug was reefed.
(Paul Strubeck, Birk Thomas)