Built in 1902, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Staten Island, New York (hull #261) as the Cheektowaga for the Eastern and Amboy Railroad Company of Perth Amboy, New Jersey. A subsidy of the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
In 1932, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1936, she was acquired by C.P. Runyon of New York, New York. Where tug tug was renamed as the Acme.
The tug was later sold. Where she was renamed as the Progress No. 9. She is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. The tug was single screw, rated at 350 horsepower.