Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login

Built in 1904, by M.M. Davis and Son of Solomons, Maryland as the Marion Cameron for the Agnus Cameron Company of Baltimore, Maryland.

The tug was later sold, where she was renamed as the Southern.

She was later acquired by the Card Towing Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug was renamed as the William Card.

In 1944, the Card Towing Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1947, the tug was dismantled. She was a single screw tug, rated at 350 horsepower.

  • Vessel Name: WILLIAM CARD
  • USCG Doc. No.: 0201384
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: M.M. Davis and Sons
  • Year Built: 1904
  • Length: 82.5
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 8.8
  • Hull Breadth: 19.4
  • Gross Tonnage: 95
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Marion Cameron, Southern, William Card
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Angus Cameron Co., Card Towing Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co.