Built in 1912, by A.C. Brown and Sons of Tottenville, New York as the Westerly for the Merritt-Chapman and Scott Corporation of New York, New York.
In 1946, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1948, she suffered a boiler explosion. After which, the tug was scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 160 horsepower.