Built in 1929, by the Great Lakes Shipyard of Cleveland, Ohio (hull #61) as the Nebraska for the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1993, the tug was chartered to McAllister Towing and Transportation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1994, she was returned to the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1955, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion, and fit with a Cleveland 12-278A. And in 1980, the tug was re powered with one EMD 12-645-E6 diesel engine. With a Falk Reverse reduction gear, at a ratio of 3.379:1. Turning one, 83.5(in) by 84(in), five bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propeller in a Kort nozzle. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,450 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Detroit Diesel 3-71 diesel generator sets.
(Isaac Pennock, Will Van Dorp, Paul Strubeck)