Built in 1925, by A.C. Bown and Son of Tottenville, New York as the Pan Am for the Mexican Petroleum Company of Wilmington, Delaware.
In 1937, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the John E. McAllister.
In 1948, she went out of documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 500 horsepower.