Built in 1904, at Athens, New York as the James McAllister for McAllister Brothers Towing of New York, New York.
In 1907, the tug was acquired by an individual by the name of Robert Rodgers. Where the tug was renamed as the Automatic.
She was later sold, where she was renamed as the Thomas C. Coyne.
The tug is no longer in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown.