Built in 1920, by Vinyard Shipbuilding of Milford, Delaware as the Lightning for the United States Shipping Board.
The tug was later acquired by the Card Towing Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where she was renamed as the Card Boys.
In 1944, the Card Towing Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1950, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 750 horsepower.