Built in 1917, by Hahn and Miller Shipyard of New Baltimore, New York as the Alexander H. Erickson for the Olsen Water and Towing Company of New York, New York.
On February 4th, 1918 she was was inspected at the third Naval District at New York, New York. And, on March 9th, 1918 the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was assigned to operations as harbor tug, and designated as the SP-2298.
On August 20th, 1919 the tug was transferred from third to the fifth Naval District. Her service in that in the fifth district was short. As she was returned to the Olsen Water and Towing Company of New York, New York on August 28th, 1919. The tug's name, was struck from the Navy list on the same day.
In 1950, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the she retained her name.
In 1955, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 250 horsepower.