Built in 1921, Oscar Daniels Shipbuilding Company Incorporated of Tampa, Florida (hull #13) as the Lorraine D. for the Oscar Daniels Shipbuilding Company Incorporated of Tampa, Florida.
The tug featured a "boot-heel" pilot house. She spent most of her working life in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area. Reportedly, the tug ran alcohol during the Prohibition era from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to New York, New York in tanks which were located mid ships.
In 1930, the tug was acquired by Larnie B. Shaw of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Lizzie D. Shaw.
In 1945, she was acquired by the Interstate Oil Transportation Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where the tug was renamed as the Lewis F. Boyer.
In 1964, the tug was "laid up" at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1969, she was decommissioned, and her engine removed. Eventually the tug was acquired by owned by a dentist named Stan Frankel. Who had the moved to Washington D.C. His intention was to utilize the tug as an office for his dental practice. Which came to fruition, for a short period of time.
In 1977, she was acquired by an individual named David Williams. Who renovated the tug, including cleaning, painting, and adding a new pilothouse. As well as, redoing the interior spaces for modern living. Complete with a bathtub, and full galley. That included tile counters, and modern conveniences. David Williams had the tug moved to New York, New York. Where the tug was moored at Liberty State Park.
In 1984, Williams hat the tug shifted to Verplanck, New York. Where she served as a "live aboard," and then eventually as a summer "live aboard."
In 2001, the tug was reefed near Manasquan, New Jersey. She was powered by a single, eight cylinder, Fairbanks Morse diesel engine. Turning a single 86(in) fixed pitch propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 400 horsepower.