Built in 1956, by Blount Marine Construction of Warren, Rhode Island (hull #35) as the King Philp for the Providence Steamboat Company of Providence, Rhode Island.
In 2004, the tug was acquired by Express Marine Incorporated of Camden, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Active.
In 2010, she was "laid up" at Express Marine Incorporated's yard in Camden, New Jersey. Located behind Petty's Island on the Delaware River.
In 2012, the tug was acquired by the Blaha Towing Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where she retained her name.
In 2017, the Blaha Towing Company renamed the tug as the Chandler B. Named for a deckhand who was employed by the company who perished in a motorcycle accident.
She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,800 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, Wayne Huebschman)