Built in 1953, by RTC Shipbuilding Incorporated of Camden, New Jersey (hull #215) as the Communipaw for the Central Railroad of New Jersey Company of New York, New York.
In 1965, the tug was acquired by the Chesapeake and Ohio Shipdocking Company of Hampton Roads, Virginia. Where the tug was renamed as the James E. Kusik.
In 1965, the company was renamed as the Hampton Roads Shipdocking Company. Also known as the Chessie Shipdocking Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug was renamed as the J. Speed Gray.
In 1985, she was acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Penobscot Bay Towing Company of Belfast, Maine. Where the tug was renamed as the Brian F.
In 1990, the tug was acquired by Maineport Towboats Incorporated of Belfast, Maine. Where she was renamed as the Mack Point.
In 2005, Maineport Towboats Incorporated was acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Fournier Towing and Ship Service Incorporated of Belfast, Maine. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2010, she was acquired by Ocean Barge and Tug Logistics of Port Au Prince, Haiti. Where the tug retained her name.
She was powered by a single, Fairbanks-Morse 38D-8 diesel engine. Turning a single, fixed pitch propeller. The tug was single screw, rated at 1,600 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, Captain Brian Fournier)