Built in 1955, by RTC Shipbuilding Incorporated of Camden, New Jersey (hull #228) as the Chicago for the Pennsylvania Railroad Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1968, the Pennsylvania Railroad merged with New York Central Railroad Company. To form the Pennsylvania Central Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1970, the Pennsylvania Central Transportation Company transferred the tug to Norfolk, Virginia for carfloat service.
In 1981, the tug was acquired by the Eastern Shore Railroad Company of Cape Charles, Virginia. Where she was renamed as the Accomack.
In 1988, she was acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Penebscot Bay Towing Company Incorporated of Belfast, Maine. Where the tug was renamed as the Staten Island.
In 1990, the tug was acquired by Maineport Towboats Incorporated of Belfast, Maine. Where she was renamed as the Cape Rosier.
In 2005, Maineport Towboats Incorporated was acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Fournier Towing and Ship Service Incorporated of Belfast, Maine. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2012, she was acquired by Tucker Roy Marine Towing and Salvage Incorporated of Mattapoisett, Massachusetts. Where she was scrapped at Fish Island in New Bedford, Massachusetts.
She was powered by a single, Cleveland 16-278A diesel engine. With a reduction gear at a ratio of 4.5:1. Turning a single, 120(in) by 99(in), four bladed, fixed pitch propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,800 horsepower.
Her electrical service was provided by two, 60kW generator sets. One was driven by a single GM 6-71 diesel engine. And the other, was driven by a single GM3-71 diesel engine.
(Paul Strubeck, Kyle Stubbs, Bob Beegle, Captain Brian Fournier)