Built in 1956, by Levingston Shipbuilding Incorporated of Orange, Texas (hull #556) as the Kathleen C. Tracy for the Avondale Towing Line Incorporated of New York, New York.
In 1972, the tug was acquired by the Bronx Towing Line Incorporated of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Bronx 5.
In 1979, she was acquired by Boston Fuel Transportation Company of East Boston, Massachusetts. (a subsidiary of the Reinauer Transportation Company of Staten Island, New York.) Where the tug was renamed as the Miriam.
In 2008, the tug was acquired by Patriot Marine Incorporated of Winthrop Massachusetts. Where the tug retained her name. However, Patriot Marine never put the tug to work.
In 2009, she was scrapped at Providence, Rhode Island. She was powered by a single, Cleveland 16-278A diesel electric engine. Turning a single, fixed pitch propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,600 horsepower.