Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
ARCTIC DAWN

Built in 1944 by the Gibbs Gas Engine Company at Jacksonville, Florida as the YTB-396 "Wovoka" for the United States Navy. She was then assigned to the 12th Naval District at San Diego, California.

Following the end of World War II, the tug was inactivated and placed into reserve at Seattle, Washington.

In 1950, she was reactivated and assigned to the 12th Naval District at San Francisco, California.

In 1962, the tug was redesignated as YTM-396 "Wovoka."

The tug was later inactivated, then struck from the Naval Register on 1 June, 1974.

In 1974, the tug was acquired by the Marine Power and Equipment Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Peter W.

In 1990, she was acquired by Martech International Incorporated of Anchorage, Alaska. Where the tug was renamed as the Arctic Dawn.

The tug was later acquired by W.P. Harris of Valdez, Alaska. Where she was rebuilt as a yacht and renamed as the Theresa Marie.


  • Vessel Name: ARCTIC DAWN
  • USCG Doc. No.: 566779
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Recreational, Registry
  • Call Sign: WCY7056
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: GIBBS GAS ENGINE COMPANY
  • Year Built: 1944
  • Length: 94.0
  • Hailing Port: VALDEZ, AK
  • Hull Depth: 11.1
  • Hull Breadth: 24.9
  • Gross Tonnage: 144
  • Net Tonnage: 98
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    YTB-396 "Wovoka", YTM-396 "Wovoka", Peter W, Arctic Dawn
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Navy, Marine Leasing Corp, MARTECH INTERNATIONAL INC