Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
FELLA C.

Built in 1951, by Avondale Marine Ways Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #352) as the Fella C. Koch-Ellis Marine Contractors Incorporated of Westwego, Louisiana.

In 1970, the tug was acquired by the Point Landing Fuel Corporation of Harahan, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1975, she was acquired by Lee's Welding Service Incorporated of Westwego, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1981, the tug was acquired by the Pearl River Navigation Company Incorporated of Slidell, Louisiana.
Where the tug retained her name.

In 1985, Pearl River Navigation Company renamed the tug as the West Pearl River.

The Pearl River Navigation Company later became Coastal Marine Contractors Incorporated of Slidell, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1985, the tug was rebuilt by the Pearl River Navigation Company. She was powered by two, Cummins KTA19-M2 diesel engines with Twin Disc reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.5:1. She was a twin screw tug, rated at 600 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: FELLA C.
  • USCG Doc. No.: 2614520
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WDC3517
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 352
  • Ship Builder: Avondale Marine Ways Inc.
  • Year Built: 1951
  • Length: 51
  • Hailing Port: SLIDELL, LA.
  • Hull Depth: 5
  • Hull Breadth: 17
  • Gross Tonnage: 40
  • Net Tonnage: 17
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Fella C.
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Koch-Ellis Marine Contractors Inc., Point Landing Fuel Corp., Lee's Welding Service Inc.