Built in 1996 by the Halter Marine Group (formerly American Marine) at New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #1191), as the Elissa for Deloach Marine Services of Port Allen, Louisiana.
In 2007, the tug was acquired by the Ingram Marine Group of Nashville, Tennessee. Where she retained her name.
Repowered in 2008, she is fitted with two Cummins KTA38 diesel engines with Twin Disc reduction gear at a ratio of 7:1. She is a twin screw towboat rated at 1,800 horsepower.