Built in 1895, by John H. Dialogue and Son of Camden, New Jersey (hull #335) as the Lamont for the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
In 1932, the tug was acquired by the Walthen and Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she retained her name.
In 1935, she was acquired by the Roen Salvage Company of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Where the tug was renamed as the John Roen.
In 1950, the tug was acquired by the Great Lakes Towing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Where the tug was renamed as the Samuel E. Bool.
In 1972, the Great Lakes Towing Company renamed the tug as the Georgia.
In 1988, the tug was scrapped at Cleveland, Ohio.
In 1953, the tug was converted to diesel propulsion. Powered by a single, EMD 12-567ATL diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 900 horsepower.
(Isaac Pennock, Paul Strubeck)