Built in 1929, by Charles Ward Engineering Works Incorporated of Charleston, West Virginia (hull #79) as the Captain George for the United Stated Army Corps of Engineers.
In 1968, the tug was acquired by Mackinac College of Mackinac Island, Michigan. Where she retained her name.
In 1973, she was acquired by the Luedtke Engineering Company of Frankfort, Michigan. Where she was renamed as the Kurt R. Luedtke.
In 1991, the tug was acquired by the Frost Engineering Company of Mishawaka, Indiana. Where she was renamed as the Captain George.
She was later acquired by the White Lake Dock and Dredge Company of Montague, Michigan. Where the tug retained her name.
She is a single screw tug, rated at 315 horsepower.